Art to Income
Michael Elsner on creating a production company for movie trailers
Michael Elsner has had over 2,000 placements of original music on TV Shows, Films, and Commercials, as well as Film and Video Game Trailers. In his third episode, he shares how he gets paid multiple times for the same track by writing trailer-friendly music and getting key placements.
On this episode, you'll learn:
- How to get paid multiple times for the same music.
- How a partnership lead to getting placements on American Idol
- Creating a premier movie trailer production company
- Why trailers are so different
- Secret: YouTube, leverage existing trailers and composer your music to it
- Trailers are written in 3 acts
- Creating music in “trailer-friendly formats”